Jakob, thaks for the answer.

On 2015/06/30 12:21:17, Jakob wrote:
I don't know. I'd think that using clang on Mac is possible, but I haven't
tried
it.
Yes, till now we used Xcode's clang (which is a modified 3.6) running current gyp. But we could not use c++11 with it as c++11 is only supported using libc++
with minimal target OS X 10.7 and up by Xcode.

It looks like Chromium only sets CLANG_CXX_LIBRARY when building for iOS. Can you reproduce the failure that the bots hit locally? Does it go away if you
drop
No, I have the latest 10.10.3 which has a proper libc++ in /usr/lib so the patch
works fine on my mac. I think the bot is running OS X 10.6 without
/usr/lib/libc++.

the CLANG_CXX_LIBRARY definition? Or maybe if you change it from libc++ to
Without CLANG_CXX_LIBRARY def. Xcode uses an stdlibc++ from gcc 4.2.1 (the
version where Apple stopped gcc support and it is from pre-c11 era).
libstdc++? (I'm just guessing wildly; there is a
third_party/llvm-build/Release+Asserts/lib/libstdc++.so.6 but no libc++.)
third_party/llvm-build/Release+Asserts/lib/libstdc++.so.6 exists only on Linux,
on mac gclient sync downloads
third_party/llvm-build/Release+Asserts/bin/libc++.1.dylib. I tried to use it
with an -rpath like solution but have 2 problems with it:
1) it is a 64 bit version so I can compile only mac64 build with it. (gclient
sync might download a 32/64 fat dylib to make this solution work)
2) the build would not run on a non-v8-developer mac (at least on 10.5 or 10.6).