On 2015/08/05 12:05:55, Michael Achenbach wrote:
On 2015/07/31 21:43:30, pcc1 wrote:
> On 2015/07/31 21:36:18, krasin wrote:

> > > There might well be a connection. What puzzles me though is that the CL
you
> > > refer to is already included in the builds I've tried. The clang call
(see
> > paste
> > > above) has no --thread-count=4 parameter. So there must be yet another
> cause.
> > > also tried a release build of v8.
> >
> > I have added Peter Collingbourne, who has looked into this issue
previously.

> > Peter, do you have any suggestions on the top of your mind?
>
> This looks more like the issue I fixed for chromium in
> https://codereview.chromium.org/899783003 by patching gold. Which version of
> gold is this using?

It's using "GNU gold (GNU Binutils 2.24) 1.11" - just like chromium. When
compiling the host d8 in my chromium checkout with cfi, it works. So I wonder
if
I miss to port something else here from common.gypi.

Hum - if I let the ldflags -B options point to the binutils folder from my
chromium checkout, linking works (takes forever but works). So, something's not
setup/downloaded correctly in v8.