On 2015/08/19 15:16:17, titzer wrote:
On 2015/08/19 06:55:32, rmcilroy wrote:
> Ben, please take a look, thanks.

What's the motivation for this? The graphs built by the raw assembler already have no hope of being verified because they don't have proper effect chains
nor
control chains.

There are a couple of motivations
 - The bytecode handlers can get through verification with the changes in
https://codereview.chromium.org/1297203002/, but they wouldn't if I call any of these functions without this change (note, the callInterpreterDispatch already
has effect/control edges due to the point below)
 - The IsCall node matchers used by interpreter-assembler-unittests expect
control/effect edges and fail if they aren't passed.
 - The Load/Store operations already hook up their control/effect edges to
graph->start().
- I've ended up with bugs while implementing where I passed x value inputs but the call descriptor only expected x-1 and it was difficult to work out why the wrong code was being generated until I figured out one of the value inputs was
being treated as the control edge.