I've spent the last couple of weeks with this;
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/v8-users/L8rq6zbviHg

And eventually found the same conclusion. (Node, chromium, all implement
their own platforms)

The last post has a very hacky proxy platform implementation which works
around it.
https://github.com/SoylentGraham/V8InspectorMinimal/blob/master/src/TV8Platform.h

It would be nice if the wiki made a note about this.
Or if the core implementation had a similar workaround, as it's pretty much
the only thing that stops CDT from working from a stock v8 implementation.