What Yang said. It's not possible right now but will be possible quite soon
as V8 switches to the new perfetto client library. That has code that will
enable v8 to stream events into the systrace daemon and get combined
system+v8 traces together.
There's lot of work that is going into this as we speak.

On Fri, May 31, 2019 at 12:31 PM Yang Guo <yang...@chromium.org> wrote:

> V8 is currently adopting Perfetto, so it should be at some point easy to
> feed into Android systrace, iiuc. Adding Primiano and Sami for details :)
>
> Yang
>
> On Mon, May 20, 2019 at 5:07 PM <soha...@chromium.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is it possible to capture V8 traces via Android Systraces
>> https://developer.android.com/studio/profile/systrace/command-line.
>> https://v8.dev/docs/trace doesnt explain in much detail for the system
>> level tracing.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Sohan
>>
>> --
>> --
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/v8-dev/fe355271-79c9-45f0-be71-42129e729e21%40googlegroups.com
>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/v8-dev/fe355271-79c9-45f0-be71-42129e729e21%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
>> .

Primiano Tucci
Software Engineer
Google UK Limited
Registered Office: Belgrave House, 76 Buckingham Palace Road, London SW1W
9TQ

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/v8-dev/CA%2ByH71eW-iPG2TtAHdzO2gb8e7G_N4JrU4NWXPHYkYaLhpsZXQ%40mail.gmail.com.