Just learnt that the Chromium repo specified in "should be landed in the
Chromium repo" at  https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/src/build is
actually "chromium/src"
repo https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/src.git and
not https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium that I had cloned. So all
good now, please ignore my previous message.