Hi,

this is indeed surprising. I suppose the main reason for this behavior is
that we record memory size before and after the GC (see
https://source.chromium.org/chromium/chromium/src/+/main:v8/src/heap/gc-tracer.cc;l=330).

If we would decrement size_ some time after that point, we wouldn't see
that memory size decreases after a GC.

Regards,
Dominik