Hello everyone,

I use javascript to create a large array.
new Array(1024 * 1024 * 10).fill(0)
I'm wondering where the memory for this large array comes from. I printed
all the mmap()'s with chromium and almost all of the mmap()'s were shared
and appended to a file.

I thought the memory for the array was created by PartitionAlloc and V8 of
the renderer process. But every time I create a new array, the gpu process
uses mmap to allocate new virtual memory for the same file (fd=502). And
the memory space it allocates is smaller than the size of my array.

How to understand shared memory between renderer process and GPU process?
Where does the memory for the array come from?

Thanks,
Yusi