You may be interested in the following links:

   - https://v8.dev/blog/non-backtracking-regexp
   -
   https://es.discourse.group/t/safe-regex-engine-to-prevent-redos-attack/450/6
   -

https://es.discourse.group/t/re2-consider-having-it-as-alternative-engine-choice/1388/15

V8 does impose a bound currently on some regexps, but not all.