Math.floor should work fine - in general you can make use of the implicit
conversions of Javascript operations: Two additional options that may be
even faster come to my mind: bitwise-or and unary plus. Bitwise-or converts
its input to integer-32, unary plus converts to a number. Depending on what
the result should be, the most efficient ways with V8 to ensure that
something is always a number (or an integer) would be:

y = x | 0    // y is always int32

y = +x     // y is always a number (floating point or int)

or as already suggested by Mads:

y = Math.floor(x)   // y is always an integer (possibly larger than
int32-range)

--Florian