Comment #6 on issue 1547 by therealb...@gmail.com: Wrong global in cross-frame this-coercion
http://code.google.com/p/v8/issues/detail?id=1547

Sorry for the redundant comment -- the issue tracker did not show my first even on a shift-reload in Chrome or Firefox.

Attached is a test Mark hacked up that I extended. Results I can test right now:

Chrome 12: iiiiiiii (Mark says Canary or latest gives iiiiuuuu)
Safari 5:  ioioioio (Mark says WebKit JSC nightly gives ioioiuiu)
Opera 11:  iiiiiiii (still downloading 11.50, this was 11.11)

Firefox 5: ioiouuuu

I believe IE gives the same as Firefox, can't test right now.

We can certainly try to match "ES5 + multiple globals as intended" and give oooouuuu but we were not prepared to do that in the run-up to Firefox 4. It would be best to get all the vendors coordinating on this, and also to coordinate evangelism of any sites broken by the change.

Until we do that, implementations that produce any results not ending in ....uuuu should change so the results end in four 'u' characters. And based on the ancient IE and Mozilla (originally Netscape) behavior, the leading .... should be ioio for best backward compatibility.

But don't let me discourage you from blazing a trail with oooouuuu. If that can be "got away with", great. I'd love to remove the extra code added to produce ioio and not oooo as the first four chars.

/be

Attachments:
        inner-out4.html  769 bytes