Comment #21 on issue 761 by shrivast...@gmail.com: Incorrect UTF-8 encoding/decoding for non-BMP characters in String related functions
http://code.google.com/p/v8/issues/detail?id=761

That is what our default implementation everything is sent utf8 encoded from native server over websocket, issue here is non BMP utf8 characters get replaced by U+FFFD That's the whole reason we are trying out different ways for transferring non BMP characters over websocket, till now unable to figure out an elegant method.
We tried these
1) UTF8 encoded data, here non BMP get replaced by U+FFFD
2) UTF16 encoded, here we get empty string
3) Javascript string format (surrogate pairs), here rendering issue as mentioned in previous posting