I think you misunderstood a few thinks:
1. V8 is open source software, we do not licence and put in commercial
components (since the licences would not be compatible. Anybody can
take and use V8 for most purposes, the licensing is very permissive
(New BSD License).
2. V8 has a completely custom memory management system and garbage
collection that allocates large chunks of virtual memory and places
executable assembly code and data objects inside it. This is not using
C++ memory constructors/destructors, and the garbage collector is not
using reference counting. Since this is done in C++ we do, of course,
use C++ constructors/destructors in addition to stack allocated
locals. This does, however, have no impact on the actual performance
of V8, and we already have coding standards and tools that enables us
to do this effectively.

Cheers,
Rico