Comment #3 on issue 2839 by itbrando...@gmail.com: Compile time error in natives.h:34:38
http://code.google.com/p/v8/issues/detail?id=2839

I have only tried using gcc to compile.

My attempts have been on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS.

Basically exactly what I have attempted was following the steps here:
https://code.google.com/p/v8/wiki/BuildingWithGYP

After failing the first time (with this same error) using the version of gcc included with Ubuntu's build-essentials package (was 3.x.x, I'll go back and find what version it was if you need me to), I then attempted to use version 4.8.1 of gcc instead to be disappointed once again. ):