What I mean is that you can't break when you go past the length. You actually have to go to a slow path when you read past the length, that does the entire in-check; and loops until the index surpasses the preloaded length value. And
that's independent of whether the receiver is fast-packed or not.

In any case, we don't think this is the right way to optimize this function. We rather should first teach crankshaft to inline this function into the caller,
and then we should teach crankshaft to do the optimizations you are doing by
hand; to ensure that all such JavaScript code benefits from that optimization.

Do you have a particular pressing need for this function to become fast? In
other words, is there a real-world application that is currently blocked by
this, performance-wise? If not, we'd rather focus on doing what we described
above, rather than adding more localized (potentially buggy) optimizations that
we'll have to throw out again later.