On 2013/09/03 11:54:35, Benedikt Meurer wrote:
CC'ing Sven for additional feedback.

The patch looks good so far, however:

(1) While we are at it: Wouldn't it be faster to compute src + length in the length register on startup, yiedling send, and afterwards just compare src and send, so you don't need to increment src and decrement length? That'd at least
save a few instructions.

(2) Please add a test case for the function.

https://codereview.chromium.org/23480027/diff/3001/src/arm/macro-assembler-arm.cc
File src/arm/macro-assembler-arm.cc (right):

https://codereview.chromium.org/23480027/diff/3001/src/arm/macro-assembler-arm.cc#newcode3194
src/arm/macro-assembler-arm.cc:3194:
Please add ASSERTs that src, dst, length and scratch are distinct registers.

It's good idea to remove the decrement length, I am working on it.
Currently there are 21 test cases are calling CopyBytes function:
=== mjsunit/array-constructor ===
=== mjsunit/array-functions-prototype-misc ===
=== mjsunit/array-join ===
=== mjsunit/array-tostring ===
=== mjsunit/cyclic-array-to-string ===
=== mjsunit/debug-evaluate-locals-optimized-double ===
=== mjsunit/debug-evaluate-locals-optimized ===
=== mjsunit/debug-handle ===
=== mjsunit/json ===
=== mjsunit/json2 ===
=== mjsunit/regexp-call-as-function ===
=== mjsunit/regexp ===
=== mjsunit/compiler/optimized-for-in ===
=== mjsunit/compiler/regress-closures-with-eval ===
=== mjsunit/harmony/proxies-json ===
=== mjsunit/regress/regress-1209 ===
=== mjsunit/regress/regress-2470 ===
=== mjsunit/regress/regress-2612 ===
=== mjsunit/regress/regress-crbug-3184 ===
=== mjsunit/third_party/regexp-pcre ===
=== mjsunit/tools/tickprocessor ===

I would be more than happy to add a new test case if you still think it's
necessary.
Thanks a lot.