On 2014/04/30 09:58:12, Jakob wrote:
DBC:

I'm with Sven here. When it can reasonably be assumed that everyone (in our
team
and beyond) will immediately and unambiguously understand a short name, then
it's fine to keep it: "obj", "src", "dst", "str", "args", etc are all very
common; expanding/renaming them is not worth our time and adds needless
clutter.

The style guide even includes a related example:

int num_dns_connections; // "num" is a widespread convention. Most people
know
what "DNS" stands for.

Using e.g. obj and object for "object" results in inconsistency. The style guide clearly says what to do. Anyhow, I could not care less. Yang, go ahead and do
whatever you think is the right thing.