V8 implements ECMAScript as described in ECMA-262 5th.

V8 does not implement non-standard features with two exceptions:

1) they are required for compatibility with existing code on the web.
2) they are highly likely to be included in the next standard (ES6)
(e.g. V8 experiments with: block scoping, proxies, collections,
modules; some of these features as implemented now do not actually
match newest drafts of ES6 spec because spec changed since they were
implemented... This is major disadvantage for implementing features
before spec if frozen).

That said there were actually some discussions about including 64bit
types into ES6 as part of Binary Data work (e.g.
http://wiki.ecmascript.org/doku.php?id=harmony:binary_data_discussion
). I don't know what is the status of this now. Any standardization
issues should be addressed to TC-39.

--
Vyacheslav Egorov