Hi,

*TL;DR; at the bottom*

in the future MIPS will be a tree closer for V8. As a result the MIPS ports
need to be handled more integrated with the general V8 development.

I collaborated with Paul regarding this topic and we agreed on the
following changes:

*Straight-forward changes will be done by the V8 dev*
No action from the MIPS team needed.

*More complicated changes are done by the MIPS team (as before)*
The MIPS team will get CC'ed to the CLs which need their attention in time
so a patch can be provided *before* the CL lands. The preferred way to
provide a patch is via an own CL. The V8 team will merge the patch into the
original CL.

*A mailing list for the MIPS team is provided*
The mailing list v8-mips-ports.at.googlegroups.com will be CC'ed in order
to contact the whole MIPS team.

*TL;DR;*
*What do I have to do if I am a V8 dev?*
Port yourself OR put v8-mips-ports.at.googlegroups.com on CC of your CL
before it lands. Wait for the patch and apply it. Land CL.
*What do I have to do if I am a MIPS dev?*
Wait until a port request is send to you. Provide patch via own CL. Add
link of patch CL to original CL.

This info can also be found
at: https://code.google.com/p/v8-wiki/wiki/HandlingOfMIPSPorts

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Cheers,
Michael