On Wed, Sep 30, 2015 at 2:55 PM, dmonji <monikadhok...@gmail.com> wrote:

> What does the percentage mentioned in brackets refer to? Does ic miss
> (24.3%) means 24.3 % of total execution time was spent on inline cache
> misses?

Yes, including potential over-reporting.

> But surprisingly these percentages do not add to 100%.

Some ticks might not be attributable. Ticks outside V8 definitely don't
show up.

> Also, is it possible to see JITed code, where I can see how the code looks
> with inline caches?

--print-code for unoptimized code (right after being generated, i.e. all
ICs still uninitialized)
--print-opt-code for optimized code (same note)
--code-comments might help make sense of it all

--help for self-education

> I am aware of --trace_ic which gives out the information about
> LOADIC and STOREIC. But I want to see how the original code looks after
> introducing code for inline caching.

I don't know what you mean by "after introducing code for inline caching".
The call targets get patched, that's all... no code is added.