Hello folks,

We are writing an android app in which we want to execute javascript from
app. Since v8 is in-built into android, can we use v8  through JNI/NDK to
execute javascript?

While searching through Internet I found this SO question(
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6880778/android-utilize-v8-without-webview)
in which developers used to access v8 functionality through webkit (which
is present as a shared library libwebcore.so). Since webkit is replaced
with blink in recent android versions, is there any way I an execute
javascript through blink or directly v8?

I know we can statically link v8 engine (embed) to the app, but the app
size increases by lot of megs. v8 or any js engine is not available as a
shared library. Is there any way we can access v8 functionality either
directly or indirectly?

Thanks,
Poorna