On Wed, Aug 3, 2016 at 12:03 AM, Mark Tarrabain <ma...@nerdflat.com> wrote:
> I found the problem, by the way.  Apparently, v8 builds something called a
> thin archive that will not work on another machine.
>
> Are there any options that you can use when building v8 so that it builds a
> full archive library instead of a thin one?

It's something of a hack but passing cmd_alink_thin='rm -f $@ &&
$(AR.$(TOOLSET)) crs $@ $(filter %.o,$^)' should disable the thin
archive.

Alternatively, you can try patching toolchain.gypi.  Inside the
target_conditions section, add this:

    ['_type=="static_library"', { 'standalone_static_library': 1 }]

Perhaps you can turn that into a CL to submit to the project.  I'd
suggest adding a variable to the Makefile to control thin vs. fat
archives, with thin being the default.