On Sat, Aug 20, 2016 at 2:23 AM, Jane Chen <jxche...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Embedding v8 4.6.88.
>
> Seeing a hang on Windows during cpu profiling.  The hang happens in any
> random place calling v8, such as Isolate::New, Context::New etc.  Running
> optimized build, my stack doesn't show v8 frames.
>
> Not sure whether it's relevant, I captured this stack once during a hang but
> not consistent:
>
> RolloverProtectedTickClock::Now()
> TimeTicks::HighResolutionNow()
> Compiler::GetLazyCode()
>
> Any pointers?
>
> Thanks!

Hi Jane, is upgrading an option for you?  There have been numerous CPU
profiler fixes.  In fact, the implementation in ToT is almost
unrecognizable from the one in v4.6.

Aside: since you're grappling regularly with unmaintained versions of
V8, have you considered switching to the V8 that is bundled with
node.js LTS?

- Node.js v4.x LTS ships V8 4.5 and is maintained until April 2018
(and has received a few fixes for issues similar to yours).
- Node.js v6.x will go LTS in two months and ship with V8 5.x, exact
version TBD.  It's going to be maintained until April 2019.