I want to be able to debug the code running in my program, and in a
with over the network.

Someone mentioned that this will be (re)added eventually, but when I asked
for an estimate of a half-year that might happen, I got no response.

So, if i want to go about it myself, can I get some resources and maybe
some hints as to how to start?

I see this page here:

https://developer.chrome.com/devtools/docs/debugger-protocol

and the "tip of tree" protocol page:

https://cs.chromium.org/#chromium/src/third_party/WebKit/Source/devtools/protocol.json&q=protocol.json&sq=package:chromium&type=cs

but I was hoping maybe someone could tell me a minimum set of options I
could implement that would give me a proof of concept, or maybe some
general breakdown of what the fields in the json mean?
 https://chromium.googlesource.com/v8/v8/+/master/src/inspector/js_protocol.json

Any help getting started down the right path would be awesome.

Thank you.

--Zac