On Fri, Nov 4, 2016 at 4:01 PM Ivan P. <ivan.pizhe...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello, I am porting my app to latest stable version of the V8 engine from
quite legacy V8 3.19.
I was using v8::V8::AddMemoryAllocationCallback() to set callaback on the
memory allocation actions.
But now I can't find this function. What is analog to this in the new V8? I
am porting to version 5.3.332.45

AddMemoryAllocationCallback has been removed because its semantics were not
clearly defined.

You can use Isolate::GetHeapSpaceStatistics from a combination of
(a) a GC epilogue callback registered using Isolate::AddGCEpilogueCallback
(b) an interrupt registered using Isolate::RequestInterrupt.

For coarse-grained (up to a couple %) info (a) will be enough as the GC
will kick in if memory grows above certain limits. (b) is needed if you
want more fine-grained statistics.

-Michael