Need a V8 build for our prototyping tool (boom.googleplex.com). The tool
runs with a Mac simulator, so the build has to be completed on a Mac.

The TOT v8 builds are broken for Mac, and also for building static full
libraries (no the thin .a files, which wouldn't be shareable)

I'm interested in getting any of the following working (preference for Mac
build, but I know its not a common thing)

1) *Build v8 on my mac*
Tried old instructions, but failed with missing libraries (standard c++?)
https://github.com/v8/v8/wiki/D8-on-Android
Tried new instructions:
tools/dev/v8gen.py arm.release
Added: target_os=arm
Getting this failure:

/Users/mindyp/local/src/v8/buildtools/mac/gn
--root=/Users/mindyp/local/src/v8 -q --check gen .

ERROR Unresolved dependencies.

//:run_mkpeephole(//build/toolchain/android:android_arm)

  needs //:mkpeephole(//build/toolchain/mac:clang_x86_v8_arm)

//:run_mksnapshot(//build/toolchain/android:android_arm)

  needs //:mksnapshot(//build/toolchain/mac:clang_x86_v8_arm)

2) *Full static library build on Linux that is not just the .a, so I can
transfer it to my mac*
Followed:
http://linuxplayer.org/2013/12/how-to-build-v8-static-library
But this breaks during the LD phase