I don't know for sure, but if you don't tell the interceptor that a isn't a
property on CONS, then it thinks it is and then it finds cons_object.a but
then you don't have a value for it, so it returns undefined.

Have you fully implemented all 5 of the callbacks for setnamedpropertyhandler?
 maybe even just put some print statements in them to see which are called
when and for what property names.