Though F5 does not do anything but if I sever the ws connection (close
chrome) and reconnect the console does not work anymore (I cannot evaluate
anything on it). I worked it around by sending
{"id":0,"method":"Runtime.disable"} to V8 when the ws server detects
disconnection. When CDT reconnects it sends "Runtime.enable" to V8 and the
CDT console starts working again.

Hope this helps.