Hi there,
I have a short lived v8 process - a Node.js test suite that takes 10
seconds to run. It spends about half of its time loading Javascript in
require() blocks. Obviously one way to cut down on the startup time is to
cut down on the number of things that need to be loaded; I am working on
that.

Do you have any intuition of whether tuning v8 options from the defaults
provided by Node.js will be able to achieve significant performance gains?
If so, which should I try to play around with? I have been doing some
reading but - and I would love to be shown wrong here - it doesn't seem
like the Node community is too too familiar with e.g. tweaking the
"semi_space_growth_factor" to get good performance. I'm not a GC expert
myself, unfortunately.

Using default options and profiling using GNU Time, the process uses ~210
MB in ten seconds, 131% and has 80,000 page faults. It would be OK if it
used up to 1.5GB of RAM. We typically run on Macs, but any intuition about
useful v8 options would be helpful.

Thanks,
Kevin