On Saturday, 28 April 2018 05:30:17 UTC-4, Ben Noordhuis wrote:

> the CRT linking logic is effectively hard-coded in
> build/config/win/BUILD.gn; look for 'default_crt'.  You could try
> sending a CL that adds a build flag to override the default or simply
> patch the file locally.

Ben, thank you for pointing out where to change the CRT type in the GN
build. You saved me a ton of time trying to figure out how to do it. After
spending a few hours trying to isolate memory allocations in a large app I
ended up changing `default_crt` to `dynamic_crt` and it's working fine in
all of my tests.

The application I'm working on is a Windows app, but it will be ported to
Linux at some point. Do you know if the static v8 libraries link against a
static `libstdc++` or any other critical libraries like this one? Thanks,
again.