On Sun, Jun 17, 2018 at 11:15 PM, Mingwei Zhang <mingwayzh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear V8 developer,
>
> I recently tried to use the debugging interface for gdb on JIT code. When I
> tried building a debug build of V8 and following the instructions in:
>
> https://github.com/v8/v8/wiki/GDB-JIT-Interface
>
> I launched my program using the following command:
>
>> gdb --args ./d8 --gdbjit helloworld.js
>

> In the gdb prompt, I setup a breakpoint in __jit_debug_register_code before
> launch my program, but looks like the hook was never invoked.
>
> I am using gdb 7.11 in Ubuntu 16.04.
> d8 version 6.7.0 (candidate)
>
> My helloworld.js is very simple like this:
>>>
>>> function func() {
>>>
>>>         console.log('hello');
>>>
>>> }
>>>

>>> func()
>>

> Thanks.

You don't have to set a breakpoint in __jit_debug_register_code, gdb
does that for you.  It's a magic method that gdb recognizes, see
https://sourceware.org/gdb/onlinedocs/gdb/Declarations.html for
details.

That said, the gdbjit code is unmaintained - or at least not regularly
tested - and quite possibly broken.  YMMV.