What kind of handles are you using? We have seen similar issues (v8 reporting
objects that have already been collected) when using kFinalizer weak persistent
handles. For us we were not making use of the kFinalizer feature (never
resurrecting weak handles) so we simply switched to kParameter to avoid the
issue.

The embedder heap tracer is only ever called on the main thread so there are no
threading concerns.