Thanks a lot Gautham, Ben! Looks like exactly what I need.

Being a complete C++/CMake newbie, I can't get the project to build to
correctly though.

Here's the error message I receive when I do cmake ..

CMake Error at FindV8.cmake:40 (MESSAGE):

  Can't build v8inspector without V8

Call Stack (most recent call first):

  CMakeLists.txt:15 (INCLUDE)

See also "/Users/joe-2744/v8/v8inspector/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".

I've cloned v8 source in a directory from which I build v8.
I've cloned https://github.com/hsharsha/v8inspector in a separate directory
and I'm trying to execute cmake.

Is there a way to tell FindV8.cmake, where to look for v8 header files and
libs in my system?

Thanks,
Joe

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/v8-users/aca59629-ddf5-4b7a-97eb-4f0e74d136ec%40googlegroups.com.