> I'll try compiling with "is_clang = true"

Shouldn't hurt, although my suspicion is since you didn't override it, it
defaulted to true, due to these lines from "build/config/BUILDCONFIG.gn":

  is_clang = current_os != "linux" ||
             (current_cpu != "s390x" && current_cpu != "s390" &&
              current_cpu != "ppc64" && current_cpu != "ppc" &&
              current_cpu != "mips" && current_cpu != "mips64")

You've passed up my meager knowledge, I've never used any but command-line
tools on Windows.

If the linker really is searching your libplatform library, then that still
leaves the possibility of a disagreement about name mangling. Seems most
likely you built that library with V8's included clang (and a large number
of command-line options that you would have to go poking around to
discover). If the thing you're trying to link against these libraries isn't
being built with the exact same tool/options, it's possible they disagree
on how to write symbols that contain their function's signature. On Linux,
even using the same exact clang on both sides, I had to add the rather
obscure clang command-line option "-D_LIBCPP_ABI_VERSION=Cr" in order to
get all the def/ref symbol names in agreement and eliminate the last of my
"missing symbol" linker errors.

To not abandon hope, remember that if you can build/run the included sample
executables, then it is somehow possible!