From: 'Bill Ticehurst' via v8-users<mailto:v8-users@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, December 18, 2019 20:22
To: v8-users<mailto:v8-users@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [v8-users] Re: Building v8 shared library on windows

I believe this is still mostly correct - (some filenames might be out of date,
but should give you a general starting point). If you're already building V8
successfully with MSVC, you should be able to skip down to the "Embedding V8
into a custom application" part.

https://medium.com/angular-in-depth/how-to-build-v8-on-windows-and-not-go-mad-6347c69aacd4<https://medium.com/angular-in-depth/how-to-build-v8-on-windows-and-not-go-mad-6347c69aacd4>

Disclaimer: As should be obvious by now (and by the above post), this stuff is
a moving target (e.g. changing compilers and build outputs over time),
non-trivial, and not a first-class supported scenario. The "well trodden" and
best supported path is to build your code via a new BUILD.gn target with Clang
along with the rest of V8, that way you can ensure your compiler and build
settings are all consistent, and the dependencies are largely managed for you.
Good luck!

 - Bill