I had been thinking that taking heap snapshots should not be viable since
this also consumes memory, but it seems to work just fine when I tried to
implement it in Node.js https://github.com/nodejs/node/pull/33010 -
probably because taking the heap snapshot doesn't really consume that much
memory from the V8 heap, it just mostly uses usual native memory ?

And the fact that taking heap snapshots triggers GC seem to help generating
multiple snapshots for users to compare, compared to writing just one when
V8 is about to crash which is what
https://github.com/blueconic/node-oom-heapdump does with the OOM callback.
Though thinking about it a bit more, if node-oom-heapdump has been working,
then at least taking heap snapshots is already safe even when the heap
limit is already reached.

My question is, is this safe? Or to what extent is this safe?