We recently upgraded from 6.2 to the latest version. Apart from the API
changes, you must also understand the building toolset changed as well with
the latest source code. Previously we used gyp toolset to compile the
project. Now it has to be GN with Ninja etc..

As part of integrating with latest version, I captured a few details which
I can share with you if you are interested. So you know whats to expect
when upgrading the version.

Thanks
Elangovan