Thanks, but it didn't work.

Anyway I managed to build the missing piece by running:
ninja -C out.gn/arm64.release v8_libplatform
ninja -C out.gn/arm64.release v8

I have not yet understood why android build behaves differently from the
others, though.

Il giorno lunedì 15 giugno 2020 17:39:29 UTC+2, Elmi Ahmadov ha scritto:

> I don't know your exact use case but with `symbol_level = 0`, it works for
> me on V8 *8.3.110.9*
>

> On Monday, June 15, 2020 at 5:31:40 PM UTC+2, Tommaso Bossi wrote:
>>
>> Actually I don't think the issue is related to this specific version. I
>> have tried with version 8.1 and I get the same result.
>>
>> Il giorno sabato 13 giugno 2020 11:29:01 UTC+2, Tommaso Bossi ha scritto:
>>>
>>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> I'm trying to compile V8 as a shared library for all platforms. The
>>> compilation seems to be successful, however, when I try to link it in my
>>> project I have problems with the Android versions.
>>> Specifically, among the binaries generated for android,
>>> libv8_libplatform.cr.so is missing and consequently I get:
>>> error: undefined reference to 'v8::platform::NewDefaultPlatform(int,
>>> v8::platform::IdleTaskSupport, v8::platform::InProcessStackDumping,
>>> std::__ndk1::unique_ptr<v8::TracingController,
>>> std::__ndk1::default_delete<v8::TracingController> >)'
>>> when I try to build my library for Android.
>>>
>>> Here's how I compile the linux version:
>>> python ./tools/dev/v8gen.py x64.release -vv -- '
>>> target_os = "linux"
>>> is_component_build = true
>>> v8_enable_i18n_support = false
>>> symbol_level = 1
>>> '
>>> ninja -C out.gn/x64.release -t clean
>>> ninja -C out.gn/x64.release v8
>>> then I take all *.so files in out.gn/x64.release folder:
>>>
>>>    - libc++.so
>>>    - libchrome_zlib.so
>>>    - libv8.so
>>>    - libv8_libbase.so
>>>    - libv8_libplatform.so
>>>

>>> Here's how I compile the Android versions (arm64 in this example):
>>> python ./tools/dev/v8gen.py arm64.release -vv -- '
>>> target_os = "android"
>>> target_cpu = "arm64"
>>> v8_target_cpu = "arm64"