On Wed, Jun 17, 2020 at 10:47 AM Immanuel Haffner <
haffner.imman...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Out of curiosity: wouldn't it make sense to add a CI job for
> `use_custom_libcxx=false`?

I guess we wouldn't need one bot for that, but as many as there are
combinations of compilers and standard library implementations (in
different versions) out there.
The idea of using a bundled clang and libc++ is exactly to avoid relying on
tools and libraries installed on the system.

I would say we try to support using custom c++ standard libraries as much
as possible, but we can't test them all. We rely on community feedback like
yours here.
In the future, you can also upload small fixes like this on your own (see
https://v8.dev/docs/contribute).

--

Clemens Backes

Software Engineer