"fab vagrant:honza bootstrap"

this is a fabric command, fabric is a deployment & execution tool for
managing systems over ssh. (http://docs.fabfile.org/en/1.4.0/tutorial.html)

You can install it on your mac like this (this install is it in a python
virtual environment, so that it doesn't affect your entire machine)

cd django-chef
# create a python virtual environment in .venv
virtualenv .venv
# activate the python virtual environment you just created
. .venv/bin/activate
# install the fabric python package
pip install fabric

After that, the "fab vagrant:honza bootstrap" command should run for you.

Once that's done, inside your VM, you'll have a working run command, which
launches the django development server:

simonm@MacBook:~/src/django-chef (master) AWS=jdr $ *vagrant ssh*
Welcome to Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (GNU/Linux 3.2.0-23-generic-pae i686)

 * Documentation:  https://help.ubuntu.com/

148 packages can be updated.
65 updates are security updates.

Welcome to your Vagrant-built virtual machine.
Last login: Tue Jan 28 12:31:55 2014 from 10.0.2.2
(example)vagrant@example:/opt/example/apps/example/src$ *run*
Validating models...

0 errors found
January 28, 2014 - 06:33:25
Django version 1.5.1, using settings 'example.settings_server'
Development server is running at http://127.0.0.1:8000/
Quit the server with CONTROL-C.

Hope that helps. Most of this was not vagrant related, but due to the
original documentation for the django-chef repo being vague or assuming you
knew stuff. (also, some people on this list will bitch & moan about me
answering this question here, ignore them)

Simon.

On 19 January 2014 22:22, Michael Snowden <michaelsnowd...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Here is a stack overflow thread of this question:
> http://superuser.com/questions/704039/vagrant-run-command-where-what-and-why
>
> Essentially, I am following this tutorial:
> https://github.com/honza/django-chef and I am asked to do this:
> Quick start
>
> $ git clone git://github.com/honza/django-chef.git
> $ cd django-chef
> # add yourself to the "users" array in the Vagrantfile
> $ sudo echo "127.0.0.1 example.example.com" >> /etc/hosts
> $ vagrant up
> $ fab vagrant:honza bootstrap  # replace with your name
> $ vagrant ssh
> $ run
>
> Then open your browser to http://example.example.com:3456.
>
> This is what I got when I tried to do this (After already running the
> "vagrant up" command successfully): http://i41.tinypic.com/288tf14.png
>
> Everything after "vagrant up" is new to me because when I followed this
> tutorial: http://scotch.io/tutorials/get-vagrant-up-and-running-in-no-time,
> I didn't have to do any of that. I still managed to do all of it, but I am
> getting this "run: command not found" on the last step.
>
> So,
>
> *What is the "run command?*
>
> *Why do I need it in this case?*
>
> *Where is it, if it can't be found?*