When I connect into my company VPN (which lives behind a proxy) and do
"vagrant up" on one of my VM's, there is a long delay (couple minutes)
before the:

    Bringing machine 'example' up with 'virtualbox' provider...

appears.  I'm guessing vagrant tries to do something "networky" and
eventually has to time out before proceeding.  Any idea what this could be?
 I'm wondering if there is something I can configure in my Vagrantfile to
stop this from happening.

Its just a slight nuisance.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/bb4907db-8145-46d2-b44a-9c429649b075%40googlegroups.com.