i can explain from an linux/cluster/db point of view.

I was oracle dba as full time job for many years and there are several
steps and repetition.

on oracle, versions have been

11.2 12.1 12.2

environents can be

single
multi node

and you get a mix of versions.

say you understand a single node cluster is similar to a multi node
cluster, for some high level test you can have 1 node cluster

or sometimes you need a 2 or more node clusters

in oracle world, a process usually goes like this

create vm
setup disk
setup network
add additional nodes

install os
install deps
install cluster
install db sw
create dummy db

here is where automation helps, doesn't matter which you use.. shell
scripts, puppet, ansible, the power is the time you free of doing already
known task, so you can focus on the specific test or feature you want to use

may sound cliche, but i assure you is not

with automation, i did multiples things.

automated a 2 node cluster, and documented how to add a 3rd one.
automated a 2 node cluster, destroy one and document how to recover
automated a 2 node cluster, documented how to upgrade
etc, etc, etc

with an internet friend we did cross a vagrantfile project i did with his
ansible modules and we created this:

https://github.com/racattack/racattack-ansible-oracle

is a end to end  oracle rac cluster that is used by lots or consultants to
spin nodes, we have got even ppl from oracle it self using it

on a home machine a setup can take 90 mins that you just wait, vs each
install by hand can take half a day or more

so automation gives you free time to focus on what matters

On Sat, Feb 17, 2018 at 11:11 AM, Mahmood Naderan <mahmood...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
> I have read the document about the power of Vagrant. However, still
> something is not clear for me. What do I miss in case of not using Vagrant.
> I mean, what is the problem when I build a cluster (more than one machine
> or something else) and ignore the Vagrant.
>
> Can someone explain that?
>
> Regards,
> Mahmood
>

> --
> list.

> IRC: #vagrant on Freenode
> ---
> "Vagrant" group.
> msgid/vagrant-up/CADa2P2VWVQE8m1SUdbG0pFpHinEcv
> qwQSrPoX212XezaH4vddA%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/CADa2P2VWVQE8m1SUdbG0pFpHinEcvqwQSrPoX212XezaH4vddA%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

Alvaro