vagrant does small things like

create an empty vm
copy disk from template
clear networking
setup port forward
boot vm
map shared folders

but once all is up and running, vagrant is not doing anything.

vagrant commands are sync, they stop when the command finish and you get
the prompt back

I am sorry that you are in the cycle of crashes

what I will suggest is

do vagrant halt (this will stop the VM)

then using virtualbox gui, turn the VM on

if here still crash, is out side vagrant scope

if here still crash

i will suggest create a small VM that does nothing

mkdir p64
cd p64
vagrant init -m hashicorp/precise64
vagrant up

monitor
does this crash ??

Alvaro

On Tue, Feb 27, 2018 at 9:59 AM, Catherine Azzarello <azzcatdes...@gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I started asking on the Virtual Box site...got reprimanded and sent here.
> Back story:
>
> I'm a product designer/front-end developer, not an engineer. Have been
> developing a new WordPress site using Sage 9, Trellis, Vagrant & Virtual
> Box. Everything works fine, including browsersync–until it spontaneously
> crashes my (new, up-to-date MBP). Yesterday alone, this happened 5x.
>
> What I've done to resolve:
>
>    1. Called Apple support about the kernel panics...they recommended I
>    reinstall the OS. Done 3 days ago. (Side note...there are no panic.logs)
>    2. Suspected it was Virtual Box being the culprit...changed settings
>    for more memory to be allocated to Base memory and Display...no
> improvement.
>    3. Added VB extension pack...no improvement.
>    4. Updated Vagrant...no improvement.
>    5. Tried to find help on VB forum...got sent here.
>
> Weird pattern I've seen:
>
>    - 3 times in a row, when trying to add a single line <script defer
>    src="https://use.fontawesome.com/releases/v5.0.7/js/all.js";></script>
>    to the head.blade.php file, the computer crashed and restarted when I
>    tried to save this file (when vagrant up).
>    - When vagrant was suspended and I added the line, saved, and
>    restarted Vagrant, it was OK and fontawesome showed up in browsersync.
>    - Crashes have happened when I'm editing .scss files, but nothing as
>    consistent as when I edited the head.blade.php file.
>
> So, my question is: is this a Vagrant issue? If so, can anyone suggest a
> workaround?
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> list.

> IRC: #vagrant on Freenode
> ---
> "Vagrant" group.
> msgid/vagrant-up/63fb6e53-5b09-4e44-b158-413e5f69ba6e%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/63fb6e53-5b09-4e44-b158-413e5f69ba6e%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

Alvaro

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/CAHqq0eypVX9KGfANNxZrH_HxoKzO1YmbaL-TX%2BxYvpj-AvwK%2BA%40mail.gmail.com.