I did write a summary but it got longer and longer.
So, I will try to be direct, even if it sounds stupid.

I'm new to Vagrant.
After a Vagrant Linux box is built and up and running inside VirtualBox,
does Vagrant have any kind of, lets say, 'firewall' around the boxes
network that makes the VMs from Vagrant different from the VMs built
straight in VirtualBox by hand ?
Or , once created in VirtualBox - they are independent in the way they run
( ie have left the Vagrant 'system of operation' behind ) with regards
networking.

Im really getting desperate to ask such an apparently idiotic question
believe me.
I don't want to drag people into a network discussion. Im just trying to
binary chop the issue so I can see whether I can ignore Vagrant at this
stage.
.