ok I used this config and the VM is now on bridge mode with single NIC
adapter. but vagrant cannot connect to it via ssh

Vagrant.configure("2") do |config|
config.vm.network "public_network", bridge: "en6: Thunderbolt Ethernet",
adapter: "1"
config.ssh.insert_key = false
config.vm.synced_folder ".", "/vagrant", disabled: true
config.vm.provider "virtualbox" do |v|
v.memory = 256
v.linked_clone = true
end

config.vm.define "test1" do |app|
app.vm.hostname = "test1"
end
end

app1: SSH username: vagrant
    app1: SSH auth method: private key
    app1: Warning: Connection refused. Retrying...
    app1: Warning: Connection refused. Retrying...
    app1: Warning: Connection refused. Retrying...
    app1: Warning: Connection refused. Retrying...
    app1: Warning: Connection refused. Retrying...
    app1: Warning: Connection refused. Retrying...
    app1: Warning: Connection refused. Retrying...
    app1: Warning: Connection refused. Retrying...
    app1: Warning: Connection refused. Retrying...

even though I can login to the box and see the IP