I suspect that this is a limitation of VMware Workstation. Documentation
and conf files seem to lack any mention or setting for host_ip.
-
https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Workstation-Pro/16.0/com.vmware.ws.using.doc/GUID-C2EC7B92-A499-4B47-95B6-0BFDDA28AC34.html
-
https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Workstation-Pro/16.0/com.vmware.ws.using.doc/GUID-EB85B0F7-F9BF-4CE1-9E29-E96734EB52AA.html