While other uses are possible, the two main uses of Vagrant are to
instantiate virtual machines with a defined configuration for either
testing or for a particular ensemble of development tools, reproducibly.

The virtual machines created with vagrant are not particularly different
from VMs created using other methods; they may be a bit less secure because
of some considerations that went into vagrant's conventions; they are
reproducible to the extent that every version of every kernel module,
program and library is initially fixed in the "box" file that the VM is
created from.

But for a coworker to take advantage of Vagrant's features, they would need
a vagrant setup of their own. Given a copy of your vagrantfile, they could
then produce a replica of your vagrant machine, but it's considerably more
involved than a URL or click.

The problem you are trying to solve does not look like a particularly good
fit.

I read your question as wanting to know how to reproduce a working
development environment where you may not have started out with strict
control over all of the versions of all of the modules, libraries, or other
development tools. You might be able to use a Vagrant-related tool like
Packer to freeze a particular existing environment for purposes of
reproducing it elsewhere, but it does not truly solve the underlying
problem of gaining control over the library dependencies, etc.

With most VM hypervisors or tools like docker, there are ways to snapshot
any existing workspace so that it could be duplicated and shared with
someone else. And there are any number of configuration and provisioning
tools like Ansible, Puppet, or Chef that allow you to more closely control
and document the building of your development environment so the
configuration can be more controlled (and also regenerated).

 -- jmcg