* Jürg Billeter wrote, On 02/07/08 13:59:
> On Thu, 2008-05-15 at 02:28 -0300, Matías De la Puente wrote:
>
>> vala, will include operators overload like in c#?
>>

> We're not planning to support operator or method overloading,
are there non-technical reasons for avoiding method overloading?

I can see that where there is lots of type munging going on the concept
of overloading can get confusing, but purely within vala it seems as if
it ought not to be a problem, and as cname can be specified for external
callers where needed, the C interface won't be lacking.

It seems a shame to make vala the poor cousin to C# in this respect.

Sam