This used to work before and now gives an error:

int main(string[] args) {
    size_t x = 3;

    string[] arr = new string[x];

    return 0;
}

Compilation fails with the following errors:

test.vala:4.30-4.30: error: Expression of integer type expected
    string[] array = new string[x];
                                ^
test.vala:4.11-4.31: error: expression type not allowed as initializer
    string[] array = new string[x];
             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Compilation failed: 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)

Cheers,
Samuel Cormier-Iijima

On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 2:25 PM, Jürg Billeter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm planning to release Vala 0.5.2 on Monday evening. As there have been
> a lot of changes since 0.5.1, I'd appreciate it if people working on
> Vala applications or libraries can do a test run with Vala trunk, so we
> can fix regressions before the release.
>
> No incompatible changes in the language have been introduced, however,
> more checks have been added. The most noteworthy new check is probably
> that the compiler now enforces local variables to be initialized before
> being used.
>
> I've uploaded a source tarball[1] to make testing easier in case you
> haven't installed 0.5.1 yet.
>
> Regards,
> Jürg
>
> [1]
> http://www.gnome.org/~juergbi/vala-0.5.2-20081129.tar.bz2<http://www.gnome.org/%7Ejuergbi/vala-0.5.2-20081129.tar.bz2>

Samuel Cormier-Iijima <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>