On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 03:07:57 +0200
Jiří Zárevúcky <zarevucky.j...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 08/31/2009 03:05 AM, Jiří Zárevúcky wrote:
> > On 08/31/2009 02:10 AM, jezra lickter wrote:
> >> The word "test" is not removed from the list. Am I doing something
> >> wrong, and is there a better way to do what I need?
> >>

> > The problem is that GLib.List searches for items based on pointer
> > value, not the actual data. You have to either use remove_custom or
> > (a much better possibility) use the Gee collection library. It is
> > much easier to use from Vala then GLib collection classes, which
> > were never intended for use in such high-level language.
> >

> I meant find_custom()  :) Anyway, Gee is the way to go.

Thanks, the Gee library worked like a charm although I would prefer to
not require another library for the application. If anyone is
interested, the updated code that uses Gee is

using Gee;
public static void main(string[] args)
{
        ArrayList<string>? al= new ArrayList<string>(str_equal);
        al.add("this");
        al.add("is");
        al.add("a");
        al.add("test");